It is the mission, duty and purpose of The Gotham Enthusiasts Volunteers is to provide the under advantaged of our community with the necessary tools to help them flourish into full productive members of society. We believe in showing caterpillars how to become butterflies!
- Full Time Matriculated Student Junior or Senior level student attending high school
- US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- African American or African descent
- GPA – Minimum C+ which is equivalent to a 75% GPA which is equivalent to a 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Document unpaid volunteer work.
After passing the pre-screening process, applicant MUST appear for a personal interview Via Zoom.
Criteria #3 STUDENT PERSONAL STATEMENT PAGE
Submit a typed single spaced 500 word essay
Times New Roman- 12 point font
Place your name at the top of each page.
Criteria #4 PROFESSIONAL LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Student must submit professional letter of recommendation. The signed letter must appear with official letterhead. Person may be contacted by a member of the scholarship committee regarding his/her recommendation.
The Merit Awards are presented in the following order;
Senior Recipient (One Male) – $1,000 check must be co-signed parent/guardian
Junior Recipient (2 Awards Male or Female) – $250
Required Items to Submit Electronically
- 1 Completed and Electronically Signed Student Application
- Attach the following documents to the application
o 1 Personal Statement (500 words)
o 1 Official High School Transcript with Seal
o 2 Letter’s of Recommendation on Official Letter Head
o 1 Passport Photo OR Yearbook Picture (in pdf or word document)
- The candidates will be notified via email on JULY 1ST if they’ve been awarded.
Please email all documents to Shaun D. Reel at shaunreel114@Gmail.com.
If selected to receive a scholarship, the award announcements will be made at:
2ND ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP RECEIPT AWARD
The receipts will be notified by email and congratulated via Zoom meeting.